Did you know that Ford was the first to introduce mobile telephone systems using Bluetooth in the automobile industry? Being the market leader in vehicle-based Bluetooth technology is no easy feat. But what if you want to connect your own Bluetooth devices to your Ford car? Can it be done? The answer is yes, of course. Connecting any Bluetooth device is a norm in today’s technological society. It does not matter if your Bluetooth device is an Apple or an Android system, a wireless earpiece, or a navigation system. The process of a Bluetooth connection varies from system to system and this article will show you how.
Step by Step Process of Connecting Your Bluetooth Devices
Do keep in mind that different devices will have different ways of connecting. Below are the different ways that you can connect your devices to your Ford car.
- To connect your Android device to your Ford car, you have to first start the Bluetooth pairing process on your car’s stereo. The system will then prompt you to complete the setup process on your device.
- On your Android phone, go to the Settings menu and select Wireless & Networks. You have to make sure that the Bluetooth antenna on your device is turned on by selecting Bluetooth Settings in the submenu.
- At the next screen, you will find a list of the available Bluetooth devices nearby and locate your desired device in the list and select it.
- Enter the pin, which will be prompted on your device and the pairing process will be complete.
- To connect your iOS device to your Ford car, go to Settings, click on Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth. Wait for a couple of minutes and then turn it back on.
- Rename your device if you have connected multiple devices to your car. You can do this by going to Settings, click on General, click on About and then click on Name and type in your desired name for your device and try connecting again. Update your device if you are prompted to do so.
- You also have to make sure that your car stereo is on the latest firmware. You need to check your car’s manual for more information on this.
Ford cars also have Enhanced Bluetooth which unlocks a number of advanced features. The Enhanced Bluetooth features will depend on your Ford models as not all Ford cars have them.
- First, you have to start your Ford car as usual.
- Two minutes after starting your car, head on to the Bluetooth menu of your device and search for nearby devices.
- Once you see Ford on the list, select it.
- A pairing code will be prompted, and you will have to enter the code. If you need to enter your passkey, you can find it written in the car’s manual.
- Head on to your iDrive menu to check if the pairing process was successful.
Consider Buying Your Cars with Whitecourt Ford
If you are looking for a new luxury car or a used Ford vehicle, look no further than with Whitecourt Ford. We have a wide range of new models of Ford for you to choose from. We will assist you to our best capabilities and ensure that you have a flawless experience with us. To discuss this further, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to serve you.